Tuesday 22 February 2011

As Mad As A Hatter

It's Elective week!
And i have chosen to do millinery.
We have 4 days to produce a moodboard, designs and a final piece.
So far we are on day 2, and i am thoroughly enjoying it.
My mum also keeps reminding me of how i made a bowler hat for my barbie doll when i was young and how she knew i would enjoy it.
But anyway, I am currently waiting for my hat to cool, and i will just have to finish it off tomorrow, then all is finished.
My theme for my hat has been taken from our current project.
Old Wisdom - Superstitions - Blackbirds.
I have looked into bird skulls for shape, and created my hat around this.
I will post up pictures of my hat waiting to cool and the finished outcome.
Here is a photo of a ring by Alexander McQueen that inspired me.

Here is my own ring, a cheaper and much smaller version from Urban Outfitters . . .

Maybe one day I'll upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment