Monday 4 October 2010

Georgie Likes It Hot


I got home pretty late the other night to find my mum on the sofa watching the 1959 film 'Some Like It Hot'. I'd never watched it before, and found myself intrigued by the use of clothing. Even to the period of time we live in and with lady gaga shocking everyone with her flamboyant and provocative dress i found marilyn monroe's outfits to be rather risky too.

Mainly this outfit from the boat scene, this was the best photo i could get. The dress also cuts very low at the back. Quoted by my mother "I still to this day find it amazing that her dress stays up"

Its sequin detail shown and detail to the bust area shows what i meen by risky. She also wears a long fur shrug for the beginning of the scene with this dress. I found that during this scene i have a ridiculous love for fur and any woman daring enough to cause a scene, good or bad.



2 comments:

  1. Just watched this...First movie i watch with Marilyn on it, and she was really great...and really sexy... if not for the black and white color, i wouldn't know its a 1959 film...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! i was taken back with how stunning she was! and i love that she has a curvy figure. nothing like what women aspire to be these days.

    ReplyDelete